This service has been suspended until further notice. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Installing a prepaid meter is quick and easy and is a great way to start saving on your electricity consumption. PrePaidMeters4U provides a complete solution from installation to recharging thereafter.
How much does it cost
The total cost of the prepaid meter installation is R2319 and it includes the following:
- Application for prepaid meter at City of Tshwane
- Prepaid meter and keypad
- Installation of the prepaid meter by contractors of City of Tshwane
- Installation will take place in ± 1 – 4 weeks, timeframes of 3 weeks are achieved on a regular basis
Electricity tariffs when recharging your prepaid meter can be viewed by visiting Tshwane Tariffs in the menu.
Documentation requirements for the application
- A copy of your ID document
- A copy of your latest electricity bills
- A copy of your latest electricity bill payment slip
- Consent Letter (click here to download)
These documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 086 263 0431.
What happens next
- You will receive a SMS or phone call a day before, to confirm the installation day
- The conventional meter will be replaced by a prepaid meter
- A keypad is supplied which can be plugged into any three point plug in your house
- At installation you will receive 5 units so will need to recharge immediately
- A recharge prepaid card with the prepaid meter number is provided to purchase electricity
- You can purchase electricity from our website at Prepaid24Xpress or
- When you purchase a recharge voucher or UniPIN you will receive a token number which must be pinned into your keypad
- The keypad will indicate the available and used units when the prepaid meter is recharged with the voucher number